General site map
This is an overview of this wikiFON. Clicking on links will take you to a page. Click here for HELP! We are still adding pictures and images. on 1/14/08.
Contributions by FON members
- Tilley Lamp Publication of Peace Corps Nigeria
Lists of groups
- Groups List of groups with links to descriptions and facts about each group
List of staff
- Staff categories list with links
Washington, September 22 - 25, 2011 The 50th Anniversary of the founding of the Peace Corps Washington Meeting
Boston, August 14-16, 2009 Boston Meeting
San Francisco, August, 2007 San Francisco Meeting
- Numbers of Volunteers (table)
- History-Timelines: Brief Nigerian and Nigerian Peace Corp history
- Contemporary Articles
- Miscellaneous Pictures
From Jack Lyons [Shrine at Ogbomosho]
Use the upload file link on the left. Ignore the warning about file size. Chris (or Greg) will be happy to upload pictures (adjusting them if needed), if you send them to them in an email. Chris generally looks at newly uploaded pictures every week or so. He may help position or resize them on the page, so go for it.
- Pictures: Some will be used to illustrate stories
- The help page which is an over view of editing a wiki. We have modified this a bit
- User preferences, watchlists, contributions. You don't absolutely need to go here, but..
- Guidelines for contributors
- Some step by step help pages.
- Adding a page, there is no new page button but it is easy to create a new page
- Story Formats -
- Tips and Tricks for adding and editing a story
- Suggested story formats for contributors
- Contribution guidelines - dos and don't.
- Still uncomfortable guides
Useful FON links
Links on the pages below will take you out of the wikiFON and to the FON web site
- Navigation aids
- Templates - special wiki feature. Can be used to create a box of links to related subjects.
- Template_examples a place to see examples and copy code
- Template guide for techies
- Stories page has an example on the right
- Templates can also be used to present standard information with the use of variables. For example, imagine a FON group is similar to a State, then there would be a block with the State Flag, date entered into the union, size, picture of state, population and other standard information. There would be 1 template for 50 states.
- Categories - these are links to special pages, the links appear at bottom of the page. The special page creates an alpha list of every page which contains a link to the special page. It is possible to place more than one catagory link on a single page. For example the Story category is here.
- Footers - areas of a page that can be formatted differently across the FONwiki
- Roles - permission levels
- Administrator(s) aka site administrator or super-user, (admin)
- Contribution editor(s), ability to do a bit more than a contributor,
- Contributors, must have username and password assigned by admin.
- Guests, people who can view the site. Possible not to allow guests to get pass the main page
- Blank and other common images
- Copyright. Issue for contributors and FON board to work out
- Contact information
- Conflict resolution - probably editor's word is final, hopefully not a big issue.
- Includes cross cultural awareness. Remember the postcard